There are times when all of us suddenly find ourselves needing some extra cash. Maybe you work a freelance job, or maybe you lost your job entirely. (In which case – I’m very sorry to hear that. There aren’t many things as stressful as that. During this pandemic, there have certainly been more job losses than ever before.) Or, maybe you’re a student whose student loan is not stretching as far as it needs to. There are many, many situations in which a person just needs a little extra money! And sometimes, you need to earn some cash right away.
Today, we’re going to talk about five easy ways to make money from home. Of course, all of these ideas are completely legitimate and don’t cost YOU a penny! Please leave your ideas for quick, easy and legit money making ideas from home in the comments section. We love to hear from you!
This post contains affiliate links – a way I get paid for providing you with content, at no cost whatsoever to you!
- Dog walking – If you have friends or family who work full-time and are dog owners, well – you may have found the solution to your low-cash problem! Let your friends know that you’re available for dog walking. Or, you can even go around your neighborhood with a few flyers you print up on your computer. It might turn into a regular side gig for you.
- Sell your stuff! (Locally) Selling your stuff online is super easy, and you have a bunch of options. There’s places like https://kijiji.ca or Craigslist. These allow you to list items for sale, and then you meet up with local people to exchange the goods for cash. Please always be careful when completing these transactions. Police departments often recommend meeting potential customers in a public area – or even right in the parking lot of the police station to feel extra safe.
- Sell your stuff (Globally) – You can also earn money quickly by offering something you own – let’s say a guitar you never use – online on eBay. eBay now has many more selling options, allowing you to enter a ‘Buy it Now’ price, so that customers immediately buy and pay for the item. Yay, that is just the cash infusion you need! This means you can earn some money TODAY instead of waiting a week for an auction to end. Just be sure to set your price carefully. Research what other similar guitars have sold for, ensuring that you get a good amount for your old guitar. But, price it competitively enough so that customers want to buy it quickly! When customers pay via Paypal (and most do), you will get a quick payment that you can use right away. Hurray! Also research how much shipping will cost you. You don’t want excessive shipping fees to eat up all your profit!
- Return something – If you need money fast, you can return something you’ve already purchased (with the receipt) to get a refund. That money then is returned back to you in the original form of payment – onto your credit card, or if you paid with debit – right back into your bank!
- Do a freelance gig on Fiverr – Fiverr is a game changer for creative types. Why? It is an international marketplace to find gigs. You can provide writing services, create graphics (such as logos or even entire websites), or even do voiceovers! While the site is called Fiverr (meaning that small gigs on the site used to start at payment of $5) – the assignments you get NOW can earn you far more than that! We’re talking $30 and up. If you’re a writer, graphics designer or other type of creative genius – then you might be on to a real winner here. The more assignments you complete the more you’ll end up earning, as your reputation improves in the Fiverr community.
Don’t stress about needing money – take a deep breath, and put that energy instead into selling something you have to earn some money right now, this very moment! You can also offer services like dogwalking, or you can sell old junk you have sitting around your home. (I’m looking at you toaster oven that still resides in its box.) OR, you can share your digital creative skills and earn some quick cash. It just takes a little effort, and your sadly empty wallet will soon have a little more weight to it.