When are the GST dates to receive the rebate cheque? For many this is an important question as this helps cover some extras that they need especially during these times. How do I get a GST rebate and when does it come?
GST Dates – How Do I receive a GST Rebate?
The Government of Canada’s Website, that the amount you receive is base on the following below:
- your family net income
- If you’re single, the amount from line 23600 of your income tax return, or the amount that it would be if you completed one
- If you have a spouse or common-law partner, your net incomes are combined to get your family net income
- the number of children under 19 years old that you have registered for the Canada child benefit and the GST/HST credit
The key is that you have to file a tax return to be eligible to receive the rebate. Once you file a tax return, CRA calculates if you are eligible for a GST rebate or not.
When Will I Receive a GST Rebate and How Much?
The Government of Canada’s website states that base on your 2020 tax return, GST payments for the 2021 year will be made on July 5, 2021, October 5, 2021, January 5, 2022 and April 5, 2022. The key here is that you have to had filed your 2020 tax return to be eligible.
Regarding payments, the government’s website states that the amount that someone can get in rebate payments base on the 2020 tax year are as follows:
- $456 if you are single
- $598 if you are married or have a common-law partner
- $157 for each child under the age of 19
If you have filed your 2020 return and if you qualify, you should be receiving a GST cheque anytime. If you have not file your 2020 return, then this would be delayed. Not everyone receives a GST cheque as the key component is income and the more income you have, the less chance you will get a payment. However, there are other factors such as marital status and children under 19 years old. The key is to file your return and let CRA calculate it. This rebate might not seem much but for many, it is a pleasant surprise to receive and in these times, every little bit helps.