We are all looking to make each and every grocery dollar stretch farther than ever. I’m sure you’ve noticed all the prices of groceries going up, seemingly every single week! So, to help you get more for your money this week during your grocery shopping, we’ve gone and researched where the best produce deals are. Most of these deals are in effect until August 10, 2022.
Best prices on produce in Calgary – BLACKBERRIES
- $3.00 each for a 170 gram clamshell of blackberries at Co-op this week (and raspberries are on for the same price, too!)
- $3.99 for a 170 gram clamshell at Safeway OR Sobeys
- ORGANIC: $4.99 for a 6 oz clamshell of blackberries or raspberries at No Frills
Best prices on produce in Calgary – BLUEBERRIES
- $3.00/lb for locally grown (grown in the Western provinces) blueberries – the 2 lb clamshell pack is $5.99 this week at NO-FRILLS
- ORGANIC blueberries this week – $4.99 for a 340 gram package at Safeway
Best prices on produce in Calgary – BROCCOLI
- $1.99 at Superstore this week – this is for a full head of broccoli
- $1.99 at No Frills this week – this is per pound and for broccoli crowns (I don’t know about you, but I really prefer broccoli crowns! you get more actual broccoli that way, and a lot less broccoli stems.)
Best prices on produce in Calgary – CANTALOUPE
- $2.99 each per cantaloupe at No Frills
- $4.99 each at Safeway OR Sobeys this week (product of Canada or US)
Best prices on produce in Calgary – CARROTS
- $4.95 for 5 lbs of carrots at Superstore this week. This is a limit of 4 price; the over limit pricing is $5.99 each. This is a pretty great deal, less than a buck a pound.
- $4.99 for the same 5 lb bag of carrots at No Frills this week
- Baby carrots – a large 2 lb bag – are on at Calgary Co-op for $3.49 each or about $1.75/lb, a good price for pre-peeled baby carrots that are ready to eat.
Best prices on produce in Calgary – CAULIFLOWER
- $4.99 each at Safeway or Sobeys this week.
Best prices on produce in Calgary – CHERRIES
- $4.00/lb for BC Cherries at Co-op
- $4.44/lb for jumbo BC Cherries at Safeway OR Sobeys this week (boy those look good!)
- $4.99/lb at No Frills this week
- $5.99/lb for fresh BC cherries at Urban Fare this week (until August 10/22)
Best prices on produce in Calgary – CILANTRO
- $0.75 at Superstore this week
- $0.79 at No Frills this week for fresh cilantro
Best prices on Produce in Calgary – CORN ON THE COB
It’s corn season! A fantastic deal at both Superstore or No Frills this week – you can eat your fill of corn on the cob for super cheap.
- $0.47 each – Superstore has corn on the cob for less than 50 cents each! (August 4-10, 2022)
- $0.47 each for corn also at No Frills (until August 10)
- $0.75 each – 4 for $3.00 at Urban Fare this week
- $0.99/each at Safeway this week
Best prices on produce in Calgary – CUCUMBERS
- $0.97 each for English cucumbers at Walmart this week.
- $0.99 each at Save on for English cucumbers this week. Yay Save on! (Current post about best Save on points deals.) 🙂 I happen to be a big Save on fan.
Best prices on produce in Calgary – GRAPES
- $2.99/lb for green grapes at Save On this week.
- $3.99/lb for red grapes at Urban Fare until August 10/22 (price locked in)
- $6.99 for a 1 lb clamshell package of specialty ‘Red Candy Snap’ seedless grapes at Safeway or Sobeys this week.
Best prices on produce in Calgary – GREEN BEANS
- Fresh green beans – $2.49/lb at Superstore this week; product of Canadian Western provinces
- $3.49/lb at Calgary Co-Op
Best prices on produce in Calgary – GREEN ONIONS
- $0.89 each bunch of green onions at Co-op this week (also the same price for radishes, like the offer at Urban Fare, below.)
- 2 for $2.00 (a buck a piece!) at Urban Fare this week (plus radishes at the same price, you guys.)
Best prices on produce in Calgary – LEMONS
- $0.75/each at Urban Fare this week – wow, Urban Fare came out on top for lemon prices this week! Individual lemons, that is. 🙂
- $0.79/each at Calgary Co-op this week
- $3.99 for a 2 lb bag of lemons at Save on this week. (You just have to download the app – there’s a coupon to apply for this special deal.) Only about $2/lb, a good deal!
- $4.97 for a 2 lb bag of lemons at Walmart – product of Argentina or South Africa.
- $5.99 for a 3 lb bag of lemons at No Frills this week, or about $2.00/lb – which of course can be a much better deal than buying lemons individually. It all depends on how many lemons you need.
Best prices on produce in Calgary – LETTUCE
- $1.49 each at NO FRILLS for romain, green or red leaf lettuce (very good price!)
- $1.99 each for romaine, red leaf or green leaf lettuce at Safeway OR Sobeys- all grown in Western Canada
- $2.47 each – Superstore has fancy, local live lettuces on sale for this price and with 500 bonus points back (see this week’s PC optimum points post here.)
Best prices on produce in Calgary – MANGOES
- $1.29 each for red mangoes at No Frills
- $9.99 for a 9 pound average case of red mangoes at Superstore this week. Limit of 4; overlimit price is $12.99/case
Best prices on produce in Calgary – MUSHROOMS
- $2.47 each for whole white or brown mushrooms at Walmart. If you prefer organic, those ones are $2.67 each, a great price for organic! (227 gram packs)
- $3.99 for a 1 lb package of whole cremini or white mushrooms at NO FRILLS
- ORGANIC: PC Organics whole cremini or white mushrooms – 1 lb pack (454 grams) $4.50 with a limit of 4 – at Superstore this week
- ORGANIC – 2 packs for $5 for Compliments whole white mushrooms in the 227 gram pack at Safeway
Best prices on produce in Calgary – ORANGES
- $4.99 for a 3 lb bag of Farmer’s Market navel oranges at No Frills this week.
Best prices on produce in Calgary – PEACHES
- $1.79/lb for yellow peaches at No Frills this week
- $6.97 for large 3 liter clamshell packs of fresh peaches at Walmart this week. Product of Canada.
Best prices on produce in Calgary – RASPBERRIES
- $3.00 per 170 gram clamshell at Co-op this week (and blackberries are on the same price!)
- $4.99 for a 6 oz clamshell of ORGANIC raspberries or blackberries this week at No Frills
Best prices on produce in Calgary – RUTABAGAS
- $0.99/lb at No Frills this week
Best prices on produce in Calgary – STRAWBERRIES
- $3.99/lb for 1 lb clamshells of strawberries (US grown) at No Frills this week.
- PC Greenhouse strawberries at Superstore are $4.99 each this week for a pack of 340 grams (Canadian grown, so you’ll pay more for these.)
- ORGANIC Strawberries at Calgary Co-op this week are $5/lb (product of USA)
Best prices on produce in Calgary – TOMATOES
- $1.69/lb for Roma Tomatoes at Superstore
- $1.99/lb for Roma Tomatoes at No Frills
Best prices on produce in Calgary – WATERMELON
- $4.44 for a large seedless watermelon at Walmart – a fantastic bargain for such a huge watermelon. Great for summertime snacking for the whole family. Yum yum yum.