There may come a point when your knives get downright annoying. When they just won’t cut properly anymore, then it may be time to invest in a new set of knives. If you’re looking for low-maintenance knives, these Cuisinart knives are perfect! They each come with a protective cover, so you can store them in your kitchen drawers without damaging the knives. And at $29.99 they are only about $5.00 per knife! Wow! Bargain hunters, we’ve found a good one here.
Please note that the 12 piece set means there are 6 individual knives with 6 matching covers. (Not 12 knives.)
Cuisinart 12-Piece Colour Knife Set with Matching Blade Guards
Was $49.99 – Now $29.99 Current price at time of writing
- Stainless steel knives with a nonstick coating (makes it easy to slice through even stickier foods, like cheese!)
- Knives can be sharpened with a regular knife sharpener. (The straight edged blades; the serrated knives will be very difficult to sharpen.)
- Limited lifetime warranty (which is excellent given this price point)
- Set Includes:
- Paring knife – perfect for small cutting jobs or more ideally to pare – or peel – fruits and veggies. Just a handy little knife to have. This is also a perfect little knife to store in your lunch bag for at work, or for on a picnic! It’s perfectly safe too, as it has its own little protective covering.
- Sandwich/bagel knife – A perfectly shaped knife for cutting into sandwiches or bagels. This knife features a serrated edge, making it ideal to cut through even thicker crusts of bread and down into the softer bread inside. A useful knife!
- Santoku style knife – This all-purpose knife is excellent for chopping. It is in more of a Santoku style, meaning more up and down chopping. Its smaller size (versus the chef’s knife) means this will likely be a knife you grab an awful lot!
- Slicing knife/Carving Knife – This knife is excellent for many purposes, but the longer and thinner blade means it’s perfect for slicing things like roast chicken (rotisserie chicken), ham, roast beef, etc. Creates nice, even slices. And for vegetarians, it would make a perfect knife for slicing even slices of tofu.
- Chef’s knife – This knife is the workhorse in the kitchen! Use it for all your major chopping and cutting jobs while cooking – chopping and slicing veggies, meat, herbs, etc.
- Bread knife – Just as its name suggests, this longer knife with serrated edges will make it very easy to slice through loaves of bread, buns, etc. The serrated ‘teeth’ allow the knife to cut through the crusts of bread and then down into the softer bread inside.
This post contains affiliate links. This means we may earn a commission on sales, at no extra cost to you.